Sunday 1 May 2016

Self devotion


I have been practicing yoga on and off for a while.
I am still a newbie and I don't stick to a particular style so 
I have been trying out this and that everywhere.

Today I have spent about 8 hours practicing yoga at this Tokyo's biggest yoga fiesta -


I have learnt so much about the theory and religious part of yoga from multiple teachers.
The last class I have taken from 6pm - 7pm, it was exceptional.


- Mahiro&Lilly&Padmini/Jivamukti yoga
"バクティは全ての切り札”

The title says "Bhakti is the trump card to everything",
I am sure it was a beginner Jivamukti yoga class, it was the most hardcore practice I have done though..

I loved their studies and the practice.
"Bhakti means devotion"
When we were practicing Urdhva Dhanurasana
They said to us to imagine having someone you love on your chest and never let them fall
and thank them, without expecting anything in return.

And in the end of the class all of the attendees (about more than 100?)
made a circle and sang together.
How can you experience it without a tear!

I am now planning to visit some of their workshops and attend regular classes...
The practice is physically really strong, and challenging.
My body felt so much lighter after the whole day yoga practice!

I went the 8 hours without eating but I didn't feel hungry at all :)
That's what yoga does I believe!

Hope this year I can become a baby yogi!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment